Re: Memory leaks in PAM

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 01:08:12PM -0700, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> What does your /etc/pam.d/kdm file look like? What version of PAM are
> you running?

I'm running Linux-PAM-0.72.

/etc/pam.d/kde looks like this:

------------------------------8<---------------------------------
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so type=user retry=3
password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_authtok # md5 shadow
session    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
------------------------------8<---------------------------------

> > Is there any way this sample code could be changed so that it
> > does not leak memory?  Or, are the problems within PAM itself?
>
> A while back there was a memory leak in libdl that manifested itself
> like this - to my knowledge it was fixed. But if you say what your
> current PAM config is, I'd like to help resolve this.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew

Thanks.

--