sshd2 pam (/w ssh corp. sshd)

As of ssh 2.4.0, sshd2 supposedly will use Linux PAM.  Has anyone gotten
this to work?  I have to use this, rather than openssh because that's what
my organization has chosen to use.  I followed the directions on this page
and I see no indication that sshd is going to pam at all:

http://www.ssh.com/products/ssh/administrator24/Pluggable_Authentication_Modules__PAM_.html

It seems to do authentication as it always has.  Even if I list just
no_login for auth, it authenticates users.

/etc/pam.d/sshd2:
auth      required  /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so   shadow nullok
auth      required  /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account   required  /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password  required  /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password  required  /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so   shadow nullok use_authtok
session   required  /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

from /etc/ssh2/sshd2_config:
AllowedAuthentications          publickey,password,pam-1@ssh.com
SshPAMClientPath                /usr/local/bin/ssh-pam-client

from /etc/ssh2/ssh2_config:
AllowedAuthentications          publickey,password,pam-1@ssh.com

When I ./configure, it says that it is including PAM support and then it
makes and installs fine.

Anyone else been at this point?

--
Steve