Re: (no subject)

Roman Lazarenko wrote:

> Hellow all !
> Who can help me ?
>
> I have installed standalone OPENLDAP-2.0.6 server on my machine, have
> installed nss_ldap-149, pam-ldap-105 libraries .
>
> I have maked testing LDAP-base, and I have changed my nsswitch.conf
> file,
> ( passwd:  ldap files ) so users, who are defined on LDAP-server can
> log on my mashine, via telnet for example !
>
> On login phase when i enter login name in /var/log/debug file i can see
> that slapd server process my call and find "uid" in base that i tiped.
> But when i enter password i receive :" Login incorrect" ,and i don't see
> any logs in debug and syslog files !
>
> I can't understand what's the matter .

I, know that what i'm going to say, is a little bit triky, but this has
worked with me.

Does the fields gidnumber and uidnumber are equal, on the user info, that
is stored on the server?

I have found, that authentication throwgh pam_ldap and nss_ldap only works,
if the numbers are the same.

Regars
Miguel Carvalho