PAM and xdm

I've just got xdm/kdm working on a host, and have managed to get the chooser working under broadcast.

However,. there are bits missing. All is fine on the host and I can log on and get a new session, but when
a user selects the host from their chooser on the client machine and attempts to log on, the system
craps out and bring up the chooser again.

Anyway, I've tracked this down to something to do with PAM and system-auth. Having never used PAM,
or ever asked for it, this is very frustrating. I want a simple way of getting kdm working without having
to spend too much more time.

Is there a simple way to fix this problem or disable PAM/authentication?

System is Red Hat v7.0

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Andrew McClure <mailto:andrew.mcclure@SSLnz.com>