Re: Build errors (again)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Wil Cooley wrote:

> Thus spake Andrew Morgan:
> > I've been playing with it some more and I'm still not convinced you've
> > covered the half of it. BTW all the libpam*s can be built as debugging
> > libraries too.
>
> Wouldn't suprise me, I don't really even know what it's for; I only
> looked far enough to see why it wasn't building.
>
> > I've filed a bug for this and will commit some code this weekend to fix
> > it.
> >
> >  http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=131783&group_id=6663
>
> Okay.  I'm still getting the same error when configuring with
> '--enable-static-libpam'; I don't know if that's a known problem or not
> (didn't see it in bug database).

Looking longer-term:  Has the time come to consider using GNU libtool?

I realise that "libtool" has not been perfect in the past!  But looking to
the future, it would be worth giving consideration to such a transition,
especially as it is the intention to make (so-called) Linux-PAM portable
to systems other than Linux.