Possible Compile Problem?

Hello all,

     I'm just trying to get PAM working with pam_smb and Squid on a Slackware
7.1 box. I seemed to have a few errors compiling it and when i try to access
squid with pam in the syslog i get "(pam_auth) PAM unable to resolve symbol:
pam_sm_acct_mgmt" could this be from the compilation errors? if so could I get
some ideas as to compiling pam on slack.

Thanks,

Stephen.