Re: group membership

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Thomas Delaet wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Can anyone tell me if it's possible to authenticate if a user is member
> of certain group and how to do this ?
>
> For example : I only want to authenticate user x for my imap-mailserver
> whose primary group is "users" if he/she is also a member of the group
> "mail". Same thing for ssh,ftp,...

You need to use pam_access , and set the group permission in the
access.conf file , however it isnt a very good solution because it only
looks at 'group' if the field isnt a username, which I think is a bad way
of doing things.

I have been thinking of coding a simple group list pam module ....

Regards
Lance