Re: XSSO? How to communicate to XSSO/PAM external authenticationinfo?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Olaf Kirch wrote:

> Talking of GSSAPI, is there anything available on Linux? I recall that
> you, Andrew, were doing a Linux-GSSAPI oh-so-many years ago. What
> became of it?
>
> I also recall that Sub released some GSSAPI source but several people
> said it has a sign away your birthright license.
>
> I'd be interested in contributing to create a usable GSS on Linux.

if you make it portable [gnu autoconf], then samba can use it, and SPNEGO,
to implement CAP_EXTENDED_SECURITY [which uses SPNEGO to do SMB
authentication negotiation].

this will be part of the first stage of compatibility with NT5 domains
which use Kerberos-5 for authentication.

i will also help add an NTLMSSP authentication method to the GSS API
library [which includes the full set of authentication, encryption
(sealing) and signing functionality].

luke