Re: PAM and Kerberos

> >> Marc, you have hit the nail on the head.  What we really need on
> >> Unix is to replace the file based credentials cache with something
> >> else that can be contacted securely by the network process, the login
> >> process, and the user.
>
> You're putting words in my mouth.  I never said anything about moving
> away from a a file-based ccache.  I was talking about combining
> telnetd and login.

Sorry, I thought you were refering to the additional desire to have
the process requests for service tickets be redirected to the telnet
client when the cache hit fails.

                  Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
               612 West 115th St * New York, NY * 10025 * USA
     http://www.kermit-project.org/ * kermit-support@kermit-project.org