Re: a little more help w/ pam_skey.so and openssh pls!

> Also, the "pam_skey login attempt" message is not logged until after I've
> attempted a login (following the usual "login:") prompts.
> Interestingly, the unix password for the user does _not_ work at that "login:"
> prompt.  After the failed login, the skey login attempt is logged to syslog.
> None of the skey passwords work at that "password:" prompt either, the
> secret or the one-time.
>
> It seems to me that another auth module is still being used prior to my
> skey module - explaining the lack of the "s/key login:" prompt?  However,
> this intervening module is not actually correctly authenticating.
>
> I know sshd is compiled pam aware.
> Perms on the necessary files are 644 (/etc/pam.d/sshd, /etc/skeykeys).
>
> Can someone tell me what I'm doing incorrectly?

Nothing. The PAM code in OpenSSH isn't complient according to what is
right, and always assumes you are asked for a passwd.

I've been complaining to the OpenSSH list about this, because I get a
lot of questions with this regarding my CryptoCard module.

	Regards,

		Igmar