RE: XSSO? How to communicate to XSSO/PAM external authentication info?

A module could be written that would tell ftpd (or telnetd for that matter)
what authentication methods are available.  Alas, the ftp or telnetd client
only chooses one out of the list, so we would have to be content with that.
(Actually with telnetd would could continue with some text based
authentication methods).

I also thought that another module could be written that would specify the
encryption types that are permitted.  A later module would then check to
make sure that the connection is indeed encrypted.