Re: /etc/pam.d/files

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 11:39:20AM -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> I'd really like to have pam_stack, and pam_oneof, and, and, well, all
> this is really an expansion of the PAM config system.
>
> In the absence of a more flexible config language pam_stack will do.

PAM actually has a very flexible configuration language.  The extended
syntax (see section 4.1 of the System Administrators' Guide for the full
details) lets you customize the logic in a particular configuration file
to cover every case I could think of.

The different options that each module takes, combined with the
flexibility of the enhanced syntax, just makes it hard to parse and edit
PAM configurations dependably in software.

Nalin