Re: PAM and Kerberos

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 03:47:41PM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> > So? If you're forwarding a TGT why would you then run kinit?
>
> Habit?
>
> Desire to get TGTs for an alternate personality?  And then restore
> them to my local credentials when I am done.

Well, if you'll run kinit on the remote host, then why bother having
telnetd update the TGT??

Why mix the two things? Do one or the other.

I'm probably missing something.

> > Is that the only time that the cache file is replaced rather than being
> > edited in place?
>
> The cache file is replaced only when it is re-initialized or if the
> user was to execute kdestroy().

Someone else just pointed out that renewing TGTs does not replace the
cache file...

Anyways, if you're messing with your cache, and telnetd is messing with
your cache, how can you keep things straight?

Nico