PAM/skey - two cvs sites? which module? I'm confused!

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to configure a PAM skey module to use w/ openssh and ftp.
I've tried to figure this out myself, but have come across a fair bit of
information and am left with some questions.

I'd be very much indebited to someone who can help clear this up for me.

Here goes..

I've found two difference cvs(web) sites for pam.. do most people already know
this? What's the explanation (I couldn't find one) ?  The content of the sites
is not identical.

(1) http://cvsweb.linuxdoc.org/index.cgi/pam

EG: pam_rhosts_auth.c

Revision 1.7 , Tue May 16 13:37:32 2000 UTC (2 months, 3 weeks ago) by baggins
 Branch: MAIN
 CVS Tags: pam-0_72_3, HEAD
 Changes since 1.6: +2 -0 lines

(2) http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/Linux-PAM/?cvsroot=pam

EG: pam_rhosts_auth.c

Revision 1.1.1.1 (vendor branch), Tue Jun 20 22:11:56 2000 UTC
	(6 weeks, 5 days ago) by agmorgan
 Branch: MAIN, Admin
 CVS Tags: autoconf-modules, Linux-PAM-0-72-autoconf, Linux-PAM-0-72, HEAD
 Changes since 1.1: +0 -0 lines

---------
I'd like to use pam_skey.c module from the linuxdoc site (or something
equivalent from the sourceforge site).

Can I add that module to stock 6.2 PAM install?  If so, how?  I've tried just
grabbing the module source and makefile, but also needed all the autoconf and
automake stuff, and the process got messy quite quickly.

Should I cvs the latest PAM sources (from one site or the other, whichever's
best)?  Where did the pam_skey.c module go?  What to use instead w/ the
sourceforge cvs?

What's more, if I'm going to use the pam_skey.c module, I need skey.h.  Which
skey dist contains this header?  I've looked at the logdaemon files, the
OpenBSD libskey files w/ Chris Young's debian patches, and the skey rpm from
beowulf (I'd guess the correct skey.h is from the latter); which one should
I use?

What about Olaf's skey modules (see msg 1938 in egroups archive)?  Outdated by
pam_skey.c?

Finally (!), why aren't there mailing list archives on the sourceforge site?
There's almost no content in the "mailing lists" section of
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=6663.

As I mentioned, the goal is just a pam skey module for openssh.  I'd really
like to use pam to retain flexibility, and I need it on the system anyway.

Thanks for any comments/advice ..
Cheers.
Richard