pam_rootok unresolved pam_sm_chauthtok()

> hi,
>
> trying to use pam_rootok.so leads to:
> PAM unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_chauthtok
>
> on a gcc-3.0.4 based linux system with recent tools
>
> makelog only shows some complaints like:
> pam_rootok.c:54: warning: implicit declaration of function `strcmp'
> which looks a bit silly, but doesn't sound too dramatic to me.
> any ideas?

nevermind, it was "auth sufficient rootok.so"
but it still won't work for ldap users, only local/real ones

using
auth            sufficient      pam_rootok.so debug
auth            sufficient      pam_ldap.so debug
auth            required        pam_unix_auth.so use_authtok debug

tony