Non-root services?

James,

We got around the problem by building a "suid root" wrapper program that invokes
the pam functions (including passwd).  However, one trick was to make the program
do a setuid to root to make the effective uid be root.  It was then able to do
authentication tasks for things like web-based password change.  See info on
ComBase ... http://www.comnets.com

Dave Retz
Comware International Inc.