RE: [EXTERNAL] - Openssl-3.2.1 - Building for Tru64

Is as, the assembler, installed and on PATH?

> My second attempt was including the no-asm flag.  While I couldn’t find any
> direct results for the problem I was having, my Google searches kept return
> results that mentioned this as a workaround for similar-ish problem.

Well, sort of, in the sense of "this will confirm if your problem is in fact assembling the assembly source".

 After
> running make, it eventually died complaining about a .so :  see below [section
> B].

> Makefile:10125: recipe for target 'providers/legacy.so' failed
> make[1]: *** [providers/legacy.so] Error 1

Not enough information. You need to capture *all* the build output. "make 2>&1 | tee make.out" is your friend.

> Third attempt was with both the -no-asm and -no-shared flags, this too was
> not successful : [section C].

As above.

> After a bit more reading and web-searching… I also tried ./config -shared -
> thread tru64-alpha-cc before issuing make. [section D].

As above.

> Alpha is a dead architecture, but I thought I would at least reach out to see if
> someone with more knowledge than myself might be able to see the problem
> and know if it’s something relatively easy to fix or work around.

Sure. I'm all in favor of trying to build software for archaic platforms, and while Tru64 is not my favorite UNIX variant, Alpha was a nice CPU line. But we don't have enough to go on here.

--
Michael Wojcik