Which properties of the compiled binary can I modify?

Hi,

I am handling a project which compiles OpenSSL from source and distributes the resulting DLL as part of our product. Since we are distributing the product we are interested in changing some of the file properties on the DLL, and I would like to know if the OpenSSL project is ok with any, and if so which, of the following changes:

  • CompanyName

The CompanyName property is not used at the moment. Is it acceptable that we add ABB?

  • LegalCopyright

Is it acceptable that we set our own LegalCopyright value?

  • Signature

Is it acceptable that we sign the binaries with our own certificates?

Kind Regards,

ABB logotype

Tobias
Lorek