Re: Providers: Setting the Signature OID and Parameters

Richard Levitte <levitte@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Tomas Mraz <tomas@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 2023-08-29 at 13:56 -0600, Dr. Pala wrote:
>> The algorithm-id parameter is gettable only.
>
> Er, I beg to differ, at least conceptually speaking.  There's nothing
> stopping a signature implementation, for example, from allowing the
> application to set the AlgorithmIdentifier parameters.  As a matter of
> fact, we have functionality that supports that, but currently only
> for EVP_CIPHER.  For others, direct use of OSSL_PARAM setters is still
> possible.
>
> However, it is true that /our providers/ do not support setting the
> AlgorithmIdentifier parameters...  yet.

I may have to retract what I said there, 'cause the EVP_SIGNATURE isn't
exactly easy for the caller to get to, as it's fetched internally.

...  and there's work going on to remediate that.

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte         levitte@xxxxxxxxxxx