Re: OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

On 3/20/23 03:04, Tomas Mraz wrote:
On Sun, 2023-03-19 at 18:06 -0400, Dennis Clarke via openssl-users
wrote:
On 3/19/23 17:20, Tim Hudson wrote:
On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 4:10 PM Dr. Matthias St. Pierre via
openssl-users <
.
.
. snip
.
.

This entire thread of discussion feels like some marketing people sat
down and made the unilateral decision to just close the maillist for
ordinary users such as myself. No amount of discussion will mean
anything as there is no vote and no decison process that involves the
actual people affected.  This is not a "community" process. It is
just a
business move.

No, the decision is not made. And the feedback from this mailing list
thread is definitely something that will affect my position when/if
there is a decision to be made. I assume other people in the working
group that proposed to ask the question to gather responses to help the
decision process will also consider the feedback given so far.

There is no community vote process. This is a business decision that
smells like management doing something for some other reason that the
public will never know. It smacks of the FreeNODE irc service disaster.

If the OpenSSL project has management people and a management decision
process that is open and available to the larger user community then
maybe you have a leg to stand on. Otherwise this is nothing but hot air
where you are pandering to some sense of "community".

I am not buying a word that you say. Nothing. I have seen this all done
before and I smell some back room politics in place. Don't try to sell
me a can of rotten fish while talking about how great it is. Baloney.

I think WolfSSL is a good direction to go and I won't have any more of
your nonsense marketing.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC