Re: OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 at 18:50 Tomas Mraz <tomas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wonder if some of the concerns were alleviated if we started using
the GitHub Discussions feature for the user-type questions and general
discussions of OpenSSL. You can subscribe and watch only Discussions on
a GH project - i.e., have notifications of new Discussion topics and
replies to them delivered to your e-mail.

You would not need to subscribe to all the traffic (i.e. the issues
related to development of OpenSSL would be still kept in Issues and
Pull requests). You can also reply to a thread by just replying to the
notification e-mail. So there is actually no need to use a Web browser
to read/reply on those discussions.

You get no history, no context. Must access the web interface to understand what you missed. Have you tried to use this as substitution?