Re: OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

Tomas Mraz <tomas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > as the focus of the OpenSSL users and developers community is now on
    > the OpenSSL project GitHub page [1] we are considering closing this
    > mailing list. We would like to move to using Issues [2] and Pull
    > requests [3] in GitHub to discuss topics and ask questions related to
    > using and developing OpenSSL in a single location as this provides

I think that it will cause harm to your community.

My experience is that 90% of user support questions posted in github are
nonsensical, that users do not search the issues (and google doesn't help
them), and that you will not get third parties (like me) answering questions.