Re: Creating AES 256 and Diffie Hellman keys

@Michael Wojcik

I am using OpenSSL on Windows from: was expecting an exe installer directly by OpenSSL

https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

image.png

The command though I would need to explore the suggestions in output. Also where can I see the standard umask table to use for the key usage type (incase required)
image.png

DH>> To generate the jointly established shared secret which is a symmetric key. Was wondering to achieve the same via OpenSSL, first generating the DH parameters and then using it further.

@Viktor

Thank you :) Seems more useful to programmers, will try later once learn python to utilize this.

Regards

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 1:00 AM Viktor Dukhovni <openssl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 01, 2023 at 08:06:06PM +0530, Newbie User wrote:

> Could someone share the standard commands to create these keys.
>
> Tried using OpenSSL for AES and it says deprecated key derivation used
> while creating AES.
>
> Also how can we achieve an entire use case of DH symmetric key while using
> asymmetric keys.

See:

    https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/EVP_PKEY_derive.html
    https://www.openssl.org/docs/man3.0/man3/EVP_PKEY_derive.html