Re: libcrypto failure on Openssh

Hareesh Das Ulleri <hareesh.ulleri@xxxxxxx> wrote:
    > When I tried to connect via OpenSSH it fails because of libcrypto
    > error. In debug it found, it fails when an OpenSSH unprivileged child
    > task calls a EVP_CipherInit function in OpenSSL and this calls my
    > provider, which tries to open my device file which eventually fails.

    > My provider handles the file open operations in
    > OSSL_FUNC_CIPHER_NEWCTX, Not sure this is the right approach for
    > openssl provider or not !

    > Anyone knows or tried this scenario before ? What is the right approach
    > of OpenSSL provider functions to handle file access in this scenario?

Could the open file have been marked to close upon fork()?
(I don't know of a way to do that, but there are lots of new fangled
permissions in Linux)

More likely, the OpenSSH child is closing all unneeded file descriptors, and
you need to find a way to avoid having yours closed.  Or you need to open the
FD again.