libcrypto failure on Openssh

Dear OpenSSL users,

  I use OpenSSL 3.07 along with a custom developed HW crypto provider in Linux 5.10 system.

  When I tried to connect via OpenSSH it fails because of libcrypto error. In debug it found, it fails when an OpenSSH unprivileged child task calls a EVP_CipherInit function in OpenSSL and this calls my provider, which tries to open my device file which eventually fails.

  My provider handles the file open operations in OSSL_FUNC_CIPHER_NEWCTX, Not sure this is the right approach for openssl provider or not !

  Anyone knows or tried this scenario before ? What is the right approach of OpenSSL provider functions to handle file access in this scenario?

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Hareesh