RE: OpenSSL 1.1.1 Windows dependencies

Not necessarily. That's true for a first-generation port-blocking firewall, but not for a packet-inspecting one. There are organizations which use packet-inspecting firewalls to block STARTTLS because they enforce their own TLS termination, in order to inspect all incoming traffic for malicious content and outgoing traffic for exfiltration.

> Furthermore, the OpenSSL
> configuration is identical between the systems/combinations of OpenSSL that
> work and those that don't.

Do you know that for certain? There's no openssl.cnf from some other source being picked up on the non-working system?

--
Michael Wojcik