Decrypt error when using openssl 1.1.1b during SSL handshake

Hi All.

We have upgraded openssl version to 1.1.1b

With this, we are seeing decryption error during SSL handshake for the below explained scenario. Our device acts as an SSL server.

We have external hardware to offload RSA private key operations using the engine.
Decryption of pre-master secret is done using hardware and is successful. We compared the pre-master secret on both server and client and they match.
However, we see that SSL handshake fails with "decrypt error (51)" with an alert number 21. Verifying the encrypted finish message on the server side fails.

This issue does not happen with software performing RSA private key operations.

Can someone help with the reason for decryption failure? Below is the compiler and processor details. It is 64 bit.
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc  -march=armv7ve -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard

Thanks
Mahendra