Re: TLS 1.3 PSK succeeds even if the pre-shared key is wrong

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply.

Yes! the handshake completes even when the PSK does not match between the ones provided in Client and Server. However, if there is a mismatch in the provided identity inside the callbacks, I see the above-mentioned error(the bad extension one).

Unless I am missing something, if the code was not trying to perform a PSK verification, I would have received a complete handshake even if there was identity value mismatch between find_session_cb and use_session_cb.

Moreover, I am using SSL_CTX_set_verify() with option SSL_VERIFY_PEER. Also, I am not providing the client Hello with any certificates. So I see no reason for handshake to complete without verification.

Thanks
Bran