Re: request for TLBleed information / non-constant-time vulnerabilities

On 07/27/2018 09:12 AM, Michael Wojcik wrote:

We're trying to decide if we can avoid disabling hyperthreading, as our
measurements show that the performance losses (even with integer
workloads) are significant.

Might anyone be able to comment on this particular type of attack in
OpenSSL?
Certainly I'd need to do a lot more research before I'd feel comfortable speculating about possible mitigations within OpenSSL. I'll be interested to see if anyone else does.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus

Any and all guidance would be appreciated!

Again, thank you so much for the response. We're having a very difficult time finding a response (of any kind)
from the crypto community or from the linux distributions as well.

- Michael