Re: Lattice Ciphers

  • FF claims it does DHE/EDH, but it does not actually, in practice.  It does either EC, or RSA.  I've tested it. (v52)  This does not look like an accident.

 Have you find a server that does DHE/EDH, and only that, that FF cannot connect to?

I've set mine to test this comprehensively. (Apache and NginX)  With Apache Firefox -ignores- server-prescribed ciphers and chooses an EC.  NginX does properly prevail with the algo.  Was this an accident, Apache?

And Firefox simply can not make a connexion when the only choices are the DHE/EDH algos -- which they say they can do here.

  • "Prefer conventional discrete-log-based systems over elliptic-curve systems; the latter have constants that the NSA influences when they can.

I missed that, thanks.  And for non-NSA curves that aren’t influenced?

As with Schnier, I don't trust any EC.  It's a shame.  I am looking forward to independent lattice. (Not that Mozilla, will implement it)  For now I'm set to DHE/EDH (fruitlessly) and RSA (AES).  RSA is cracked by a very few, but this is the decision I've made.