Extra EPOLLIN event at end of SSL connection

Looks as if I can reply to my own message! Maybe this exchange might help
someone else.

It seems that EPOLLIN events with no data are inevitable and have to be
accepted. So in a way, it is a quirk of OpenSSL that typical example code
results in the no data case being interpreted as an error. I've concluded
that if the analysis of the return gives SYSCALL error but there is nothing
to be had from ERR_get_error, then the case should be ignored, and not
logged as an error.

But I'd still be happy to receive a second opinion!