Re: An Analysis of the DHEat DoS Against SSH in Cloud Environments

On 6/19/24 4:11 PM, Joseph S. Testa II wrote:
On Wed, 2024-06-19 at 09:19 -0400, chris wrote:
real world example (current snapshot of portable on linux v. dheater)

Thanks for this.  However, much more extensive testing would be needed
to show it is a complete solution.  In my original research article, I
used CPU idle time as the main metric.  Also, I showed that very low-
latency network links could bypass the existing countermeasures.

I suppose in the next few days, I'll try reproducing my original steps
with the new version and see what happens.

You may want to try this on IPv6 where you are frequently changing the attackers MAC address. If the IP is constructed with EUI-64 then it could start to flood the table used to store the penalized IPs. I'd really like to see what that looks like, especially in terms of CPU/memory utilization.