Re: how to block brute force attacks on reverse tunnels?

I use Shorewall rule for stuff like this,you would do this on the internet-facing host:

ACCEPT        all               fw              tcp     22      -       -       s:3/min:2

https://shorewall.org/ConnectionRate.html

This limits the connection rate to the tunnel ports.
Another option is some form of port knocking (but I’m not a fan of those).
Or just do a proper VPN and only expose the ports to the VPN clients...

Jan