Re: D-bus integration

> I don't know much about the
> D-bus protocol, but if a small D-bus client is just opening a unix
> domain
> socket and writing a message to it then we could possibly support it
> using a standalone implementation, like we just did for systemd.

Afraid not, D-Bus is a stateful protocol with client authentication and
so much more, it's not something you really want to reimplement
locally, using one of the available libraries is the only reasonable
approach.

There are de-facto two usable libraries for C projects, the first one
is GDBus, provided by the GLib library, and pretty much requires buying
into the whole GLib model of main loop and event processing. The second
one is sd-bus, which is smaller and can be used in other event/main
loops implementation and, I'm sure you'll be delighted to know, it's
from libsystemd ;-)

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings/

--
Kind regards,