Re: ssh wish list?

I get that. We use fail2ban here because we've a number of ways people can connect to our systems so we needed something that was more flexible. It's also nice that it just bans the IP so it can't keep hammering the service.

I think it depends on your use case. That said, I understand why some people might not want to use yet another process when all they are trying to do is ban people spamming your sshd process. No promises but we can look into it. I don't think the actually banning part would be all that hard. It's everything that goes along with it in terms of managing things and making sure it would be performant enough in high volume scenarios.