Multiple AllowGroup lines in sshd_config?

Hi!

I'm experimenting with migrating the custom sshd_config settings for our (Debian bullseye, openssh-server 8.4) server environment into fragments under sshd_config.d/, and am wondering about sshd's behaviour when encountering multiple AllowGroup lines.

The manual states "For each keyword, the first obtained value will be used.", so that gives me the impression that any lines after the first should be ignored. However, my testing seems to contradict this - if I have two lines granting access to different groups, both groups get access.

So it seems like these are equivalent:

AllowGroups foo bar

AllowGroups foo
AllowGroups bar

Is this behaviour to be expected? It could of course also be Debian introducing special behaviour, but I thought I should check here first.

/T