Re: Fresh Ubuntu 20.04 having ip route issues using juniper

Not sure. The Debian maintainers are aware of the issue:

… but it doesn't appear that a recent version has been imported into
the Ubuntu packaging system yet, for some reason; normally Ubuntu
tracks the upstream packages from Debian fairly closely:
https://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/v/vpnc-scripts/

It may be worth filing a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net and linking
to the upstream Debian bug.

Dan