Re: Fresh Ubuntu 20.04 having ip route issues using juniper

Your VPN is likely using split-excludes, which tell the client that
certain Internet-bound traffic should *not* be routed via the VPN, and
you're running into a bug in vpnc-script. The bug in handling of
split-excludes has existed for a long time, but wasn't obvious until
recent versions of iproute2 started giving this error:

https://gitlab.com/openconnect/vpnc-scripts/-/merge_requests/5
https://gitlab.com/openconnect/vpnc-scripts/-/merge_requests/6

Upgrade to the last to fix it:

https://gitlab.com/openconnect/vpnc-scripts/blob/master/vpnc-script