split tunnels max out at 16 ?

openconnect-8.08
CentOS 7.6
protocol=gp

This was as you say, plug and play when I ran the build and install.  Functioned perfectly with my dual factor cert+password authentication.
my split tunnels (at that time) were all added to the route table and my /etc/resolv.conf was updated to include the domain.
I was thrilled because PaloAlto wanted $15k for linux licensing of the GP client - just way too much $$$ for the couple of us on linux.

more access = more split tunnels, and it seems I have hit a 16 route max.
I reviewed the /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script, but don’t really see a facility to increase the number of routes in the split.  On my macbook, I am running the paloalto native client and this is properly adding the 19 splits to the route table.
I am able to manually add a route on the openconnect CentOS host, and this functions as expected.

is there a “max split” value I can adjust?

thank you for your attention
- grant