Re: Global Protect VPN not working anymore - 512 Custom Error

> > I've used openconnect to connect to a PAN Global Protect VPN server, which worked fine. Recently this does not work anymore.
> > The server returns a 512 Custom Error:
>
> What changed “recently”? Did you change which version of OpenConnect
> you're using? Is it possible that anything changed on the server side?

Unfortunately I cannot tell you what changed. I guess it was on the server side. I used version 8.02 provided by Ubuntu but I also I build the latest version (master) myself.

> > I compared the request sent by the Windows client and openconnect and they differ quite a bit. Is there a way to add more options to the request?
>
> There are a large number of fields which the Windows client sends,
> which I'm very confident are vestigial or useless based on testing
> across many, many GlobalProtect servers.
>
> If you want, you can modify the fields sent in the login.esp response
> here, if you want:
> https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/blob/HEAD/auth-globalprotect.c#L566-571

Is there no easier way to just provide the complete string of parameters via command line? If not I can just hack this in by myself.

> If you find that adding additional fields is necessary to make the
> login works, we'll be extremely interested in that.

I will do.

> > Is this a bug of openconnect and I should create a issue or is this just a configuration/user problem?
>
> Needs more information.
>
> Based on past experience, the *most likely* cause for this that you
> need to pretend to your GlobalProtect server that you're running an
> officially-supported OS (try adding `--os=win` or `--os=mac-intel` or
> `--os=linux-64` to the OpenConnect command line)  .

I have already tried those without any success. I will try to send exactly the same information and see if this will work.