Re: Global Protect VPN not working anymore - 512 Custom Error

> I've used openconnect to connect to a PAN Global Protect VPN server, which worked fine. Recently this does not work anymore.
> The server returns a 512 Custom Error:

What changed “recently”? Did you change which version of OpenConnect
you're using? Is it possible that anything changed on the server side?

> I compared the request sent by the Windows client and openconnect and they differ quite a bit. Is there a way to add more options to the request?

There are a large number of fields which the Windows client sends,
which I'm very confident are vestigial or useless based on testing
across many, many GlobalProtect servers.

If you want, you can modify the fields sent in the login.esp response
here, if you want:
https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/blob/HEAD/auth-globalprotect.c#L566-571
If you find that adding additional fields is necessary to make the
login works, we'll be extremely interested in that.

> Is this a bug of openconnect and I should create a issue or is this just a configuration/user problem?

Needs more information.

Based on past experience, the *most likely* cause for this that you
need to pretend to your GlobalProtect server that you're running an
officially-supported OS (try adding `--os=win` or `--os=mac-intel` or
`--os=linux-64` to the OpenConnect command line)  .

For whatever reason (probably a combination of bad software design and
inadequate testing my local VPN admins), many GlobalProtect servers
report extremely strange and misleading errors when users connect
using OS values other than what they expect.
See: https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/-/commit/e2f574a5f5f06a2364ff65f7a13721f79bf4beef

-Dan