Re: User authentication parallelism

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 4:55 PM Florian Domain <domain.florian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Nikos,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I did some tests with two users trying to connect at the same time,
> and ocserv is not blocking at username/password/LDAP stages, but only
> when duo has sent its notification to user's device. So as you said,
> it may be a limitation of the duo PAM module.

Interesting. Seeing the log it may be that this module blocks until a
response has been received off-the-line. That means that ocserv's
architecture of co-routines for PAM cannot really accommodate it for
multiple users. The module itself can be changed to ask for a user
confirmation on PIN entry similarly to asking for a password but
accepting any input (inconvenient but it will allow multiple users to
login), or alternatively ocserv's security module could be moved to a
multi-threaded architecture (for PAM only or for all requests).

regards,
Nikos