User authentication parallelism

Hi all,

We're using ocserv with 2 factor authentication (LDAP and Duo, very
similar to what is described here
https://ocserv.gitlab.io/www/recipes-ocserv-2fa.html#Duo).

I found out that on a single ocserv server, when a login process is in
progress for a user and waiting for Duo user's approval on a
smartphone, ocserv is not able to handle a second user authentication
during this period, and it has to wait for the first authentication to
end.
Login process for this 2nd user will never prompt and the connection
will just be aborted after a few seconds.

This is not a big issue when we deal with a low amount of users, as
probability to have 2 or more users connecting at the same time is
very low, but it could be very annoying at scale, if we deal with
hundreds of users.
A user authenticating and taking too much time to approve his/her Duo
access will prevent others from connecting.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue ? Is it due to ocserv design ?
Maybe not allowing parallelism in user authentication ?

Thanks for your help.

Florian D.