speed, CPU

Hi openconnect,

I have a question regarding CPU usage, network speed and openconnect.

I'm using openconnect from Debian (Debian package version 8.02-1)
connecting to a Cisco AnyConnect. I'm using NetworkManager but I'm happy
to use the command line if this would help.

I see that openconnect uses about 35 to 40% of CPU (measured with top)
in my 4 cores laptop.

When using openconnect the connection is about 5 to 8 MB/s otherwise
more than twice this speed.

The system administrators on the other side don't seem to be aware of
any speed limitation or throttling.

The internet connection or even the upload speed to the other side is
higher if no OpenConnect is used.

My question is: do you know of any way to make the VPN faster?

Any experience compiling openconnect (I might try this anyway) instead
of using the Debian precompiled version? Any parameters that could be
used, faster cyphering, etc.?

Any MTU that might help? (e.g. I see that my wlan0 has mtu 1500 and vpn0
is mtu 1200), or some othe rideas?

any way to verify that DTLS is being used and parameters? (using
Anyconnect is faster, and DTLS is used there) (it's about 20% to 40%
faster... but sometimes it gets disconnected)

Thank you very much,

--
Carles Pina i Estany