Re: Unable to build v8.05 with PKCS#11 support and OpenSSL

Hi David,

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 2:44 PM David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why are you building against OpenSSL? If you build against GnuTLS it
> should work.

PKCS#11 does indeed work when built with GnuTLS. However, I am
continuing to work on the lack of communication after connection
problem discussed in a different thread on this listserv. I showed the
logs to a Linux SA at my office, and the only thing he saw was that
the cyphersuite used was old. I thought that OpenSSL might provide
newer or at least different cyphersuites.

In the other thread we discussed capturing the HTTPS traffic with MITM
proxy to see what's different between the connection with AnyConnect
on Windows and OpenConnect in my Linux chroot, but I do not have a
Windows device at home to test, and the SA gave me a funny look when I
mentioned MITM while testing my connection on a work laptop. So
unfortunately I'm left with throwing darts in the dark.

> I suspect you are suffering the fact that Ubuntu has a known-broken
> version (0.4.7) of libp11.

I will look into this, thank you.

Adam