Re: Building for Windows 64bit -with-java

On Mon, 2019-08-12 at 14:49 -0400, shorton692@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m having trouble building openconnect for Windows and using -with-
> java to generate java bindings.
>
> I’ve tried two routes
> 1. Building on Windows using Msys2 (64bit). Couple issues here. When
> building with OpenSSL I get build errors in ssl.c.

What version of OpenSSL? What were the errors?

> I then switched to using gnutls, but unaware of what needs to be
> installed. In msys2 I’ve “pacman -S libgnutls libgnutls-devel
> gnutls”, ./configure is unable to recognize gnutls is installed. (All
> of this is ignoring the java binding, was just trying to do a default
> make)

I'm not sure why that wouldn't install GnuTLS such that it can actually
be used; that seems like an msys2/pacman bug. What precisely is the
check that's failing, in your config.log? Can you build *anything*
against GnuTLS?

We'd generally recommend GnuTLS over OpenSSL for building OpenConnect.

> 2. I then found the openconnect GitLab project and the .gitlab-
> ci.yml. I went down the path of building the MinGW64/GnuTLS on
> fedora, that works, however when then trying to build with the java
> bindings (-with-java) I get error “checking for [...] /jni.h...
> configure: error: cannot check for file existence when cross
> compiling”, so looks like this can’t be done on fedora.

Right, you'd need the appropriate JNI headers and libraries to build
against. I don't think Fedora has a mingw64-openjdk package?