Prepare to learn from some talented kid chefs

Hey everyone,

We host quite a few special events at the White House every year, but for me, nothing beats what's going down here today: the 2015 Kids' "State Dinner."

This is the fourth Kids' "State Dinner" we've hosted -- and every year, we challenge kids across the country to create an original recipe that is healthy, affordable, and absolutely delicious. The competition was stiff and, believe me, it was nearly impossible to choose just one winner from each state, territory, and D.C. Today, 55 of our nation's most inventive young chefs will join us for a healthy lunch that features a selection of their recipes.

The "Mango-Cango Chicken" is one of my personal favorites. Take a look at some of the winning recipes to find yours.

Then, join us as we kick off the celebration starting at 10 a.m. ET and roll out the red carpet for some incredibly talented young Americans with great taste.

When you do, two things will be clear. First, America's kids are passionate about not just eating healthy food, but about cooking healthy food, too. Second, if these kids are the future of American cuisine, we'll be eating healthy for years to come.

And that's one food trend I can get behind.

So tune in live starting at 10 a.m. ET to meet our 2015 winners and see what they've got cooked up for this year's Kids' "State Dinner."

I promise you, these kids won't disappoint.

Thanks,

First Lady Michelle Obama