12 days: One thing we all can do

Title: 12 days: One thing we all can do

There are just 12 days left to get covered.

Hi everyone,

At the end of the day, most folks aren't going to sign up for health insurance simply because Barack or I say that it's a good idea.

They're going to get covered because their friends and family members reach out to them and tell them: "I care. And I want to make sure you're looking out for yourself. So get signed up."

So with just 12 days to go until the deadline for getting health insurance in 2014, I'd like you to do something right now:

Think of someone you know who doesn't currently have health insurance. Maybe it's a friend or a coworker who you know has been meaning to sign up, but just hasn't gotten around to it yet. Maybe it's a family member who still hasn't taken a look at the options in the health insurance marketplace. Maybe it's you.

And I'd like you to please hit "forward" on this email.

That's how you can remind them that they've only got 12 days left to get covered in 2014. It's how you can let them know that you're paying attention, and that you want to make sure they follow through.

That's what this all really comes down to: Looking out for one another, and being accountable to one another.

Send that personal message right now by passing this email along to someone you know who needs to see it.

Tell them to visit HealthCare.gov, and to get themselves enrolled for health coverage. Tell them you care.

That's the only way this works, and it truly could not be more important.

Thank you for all that you're doing -- for yourself, and for the people you love.

First Lady Michelle Obama

Visit WhiteHouse.gov