Here's what you need to know:

Title: Here's what you need to know:
The White House Friday, August 9, 2013

Here's what you need to know

President Obama took Wednesday morning to answer your questions on housing during an online interview, and it's worth a watch. It's part of his push for a more secure foundation for middle-class homeownership.

We want to make sure you've got the facts about President Obama's plan, and the resources that are already available for homeowners.

Here's what you need to know: The President's plan involves simple, commonsense steps that folks on both sides of the aisle agree on. That means making it easier for families to refinance, reforming the system so families aren't on the hook for the bad behavior of certain mortgage lenders, and helping folks who aren't homeowners yet get affordable housing that's right for them.

Click here to find out more about President Obama's plan.

And while  we need to do more, there are some resources we've already helped make available:

  • MakingHomeAffordable.gov is there to help get you mortgage relief and avoid foreclosure. If you or someone you know needs assistance, they can help you find programs that can help -- both online and through a free, 24/7 support line that can connect you with housing experts.

Take a minute to forward this email to your family and friends, so that people who might not know about these resources can start getting help if they need it.

Stay Connected