Home means a lot

Title: Home means a lot

Hey all --

Owning a home is at the very heart of middle-class security. It means a lifetime of memories -- of family dinners, basketball in the driveway, cookouts in the backyard, and watching your children grow up.

Your home is also a tangible connection to your community -- a critical part of the American identity. That's why having a home you can call your own is a cornerstone of what it means to have a middle-class life.

Today, President Obama will return to Phoenix to talk about the progress we need to build on in the housing market -- higher home values and helping millions refinance -- and the opportunities still before us.

President Obama has a plan to build a more secure foundation for responsible homeownership. Check it out and forward it on so that others can get the facts, too.

It's time to help hard-working folks fulfill their dream of buying their first home. We can help responsible homeowners refinance their mortgage, and make sure middle-class families and all of those working to get into the middle class are never again on the hook to bailout certain mortgage lenders for irresponsibility and bad loans.

And that's just what President Obama outlined in Phoenix: commonsense steps that will help protect the middle class and everyone working to join it. So even as Washington gets bogged down by endless distractions and political game-playing, the President is focusing on what really matters.

But in the weeks and months ahead, we'll need your help getting the message out.

We put together a graphic that helps explain the President's plan for a more secure foundation for middle-class homeownership.

Click here to check it out -- and then share it with your friends and family.

Thanks!

David

David Simas
Deputy Senior Advisor
The White House
@Simas44

P.S. -- If you've got questions about President Obama's plan, you can ask him yourself.

He'll be answering questions about his plan tomorrow at 1 p.m. ET, so ask your question and be part of the conversation.

Visit WhiteHouse.gov